Manual therapy implies providing treatment via a hands-on approach. This often starts as part of your assessment, as your Physiotherapist assesses how your joints move, your muscle tissue tightness, and any protective responses to movement (e.g. catching, guarding, limping). You will benefit from having a much more accurate assessment and as a result, receive a customised treatment plan.
Hands-On Treatment can involve;
- Manual therapy - joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue massage - trigger point, relaxation, deep, remedial
- Dry Needling - pain relief, muscle relaxation
- Strengthening - resisted guidance exercises, Pilates, hydrotherapy
- Movement training - correcting movement patterns & habits
- Posture - exploring alternative, comfortable and sustainable postures
EXPERTISE. With over 30 years of experience, postgraduate and specialisation qualifications, you will receive the full benefit from our Physiotherapists' accumulated knowledge. We can assist you with complex pain issues, preparation for joint surgery, and rehabilitation after. Following a comprehensive assessment, you will receive a treatment plan with recommendations based upon their experience. This knowledge will assist you to achieve your goals quicker.